Microeconomics for IBS / IES students
Microeconomics for IBS / IES students is an undergraduate course that introduces basic microeconomic concepts. The course opens with a general introduction to the field of Economics. The main topics of the course include:
- Choice – under constraints, in strategic interaction, within the firm, under different institutions.
- The Firm – production, price-setting, price-taking.
- The Market – market equilibrium, market failures.
The learning methodology of the course is to start from a question that arises from data or daily life, then study a model useful for answering the question and return to the question at the end to apply the model we studied.
The students will acquire the ability to:
- define the core concepts of microeconomics
- describe some historical background of Economics science development
- use models and data to analyze an economic question or phenomenon
- fit a proper model to an economic issue
- investigate a current microeconomic issue.
Course material and organization:
We will place all related materials and all notifications about the course on StudOn.
Please make sure you access it frequently.
The Economy, The Core Team